Friday, September 18, 2009

On The Road Again

Hiking is food for the soul. Tomorrow morning early I will be hitting the road - I-65 to be specific - due north. This is quite different as I usually head south, especially this time of year. Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be taking a few days to explore the Upper Peninsula and the Superior Lake Trail.
My first stop will be in Milwaukee. I am really looking forward to visiting Growing Power http://www.growingpower.org/blog/
I've been following their story for several months and look forward to seeing first hand how they incorporate farming, gardening and investing in young people in the community!
Since the woods don't tend to have electrical outlets, I will be sharing my road trip as I can - probably a few days after the fact. I'm hoping to be able to share some great stories and photos.

No comments: