Saturday, April 12, 2008

Enter At Your Own Risk

Entering Tennessee, we broke out of the mountains(for awhile) and headed towards Pigeon Forge. I know, I know...why didn't someone warn me!!!
There's a great line from the movie "Brother, Where Art Thou" - where they are sitting in the movie theatre and Pete tries to warn his friend:"DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE!"
Well, that's my two cents about Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg...DO NOT GO!
It was almost more than I could bare. We found ourselves thrown into the middle of some fantasy land that was becoming more like a nightmare each mile we drove. I started to hyperventilate...wanting desperately to get into the Smoky Mountains, do some horseback riding and get as far away from there as possible. My poor brain was not computing...
All I could think about were the visitors that had traveled from far and wide to see the beauty of the Smoky Mountains and have to drive thru this to get there. Not good.

1 comment:

babe said...

You are absolutely right about Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.
The saddest sight is the men sitting on benches while their wives shop the outlet stores with the beautiful mountains nearby.