Friday, May 20, 2005

The Lost Art of Day Dreaming

As I was setting this up, it occurred to me how little time I spend on reading and writing. One of the most beautiful things in living day to day is to discover new ideas, new ways of doing things, new ways to communicate. Somehow, those things are never written down or captured and soon they are gone, whisked away with the business of the day. All day long I have wonderful little discoveries, but the moment comes and goes before I can truly appreciate it.
There are several library books on the floor next to my bed. I'm sure each one is full of amazing thoughts, conjectures and dreams that I would never think of myself, and yet by opening up a piece of writing from someone else, I can travel through time and space and discover with them new ways to see the world and the beautiful people in it. But somehow, there is dinner to be made, groceries to be bought and I didn't make time to grow.

2 comments:

Misha said...

That is so true...that things that we call a "waste of time" are so often the things that are most important. :-P

Unknown said...

Although it's been awhile since I wrote about Day Dreaming, I'm still having a hard time making time for it.